Friday, March 12, 2010

I ❤ Books: Boston Public Library

I've become addicted to visiting the Boston Public Library (or BPL).  It's an amazing library, and has  five floors and an entire wing dedicated to the Arts.  The BPL is the oldest library in the United States and is filled with amazing architecture.  The library has a gorgeous courtyard where you can relax and read a book, serenaded by the water feature.  The library even features a restaurant where you can enjoy a meal.   
My favourite equation:   Food + Books = Bliss!
Boston Public Library courtyard
Source: Friends of Copley Square

At first I went through the non-fiction and fiction sections.  However, I figured I could find them quite easily back in South Africa, so I decided to find books that I won't be able to get a hold of so easily (and affordably) back in SA.  That's when I decided to take a dip in my favourite topic: arts and crafts. There are shelves upon shelves of absolutely anything you can think of!  I really felt like I was in book heaven!  It's a pity that I didn't have my camera with me.  I would've taken so many amazing pictures for you to see.

I love that the BPL allows you to take out 75 items at a time.  How crazy is that?  So if you haven't heard from me in a while, don't worry, I'm lost in the place that I really want to be lost: the library.


1 comment:

  1. I get lost in huge libraries for hours on end. My favourite one was the Guildhall public library in London which was part of the Guildhall School of Dramatic Arts (where Orlando Bloom and the likes trained)... santuary :)

    ReplyDelete