Sunday, September 12, 2010

I ❤ Food: Ramadaan - Done. Eid ul Fitr - Done.


The burfee didn't make me do a barf-ee.
A lone lamington and a single tiramisu cupcake found themselves coupled.
The strawberries jumped for joy when they realised they weren't being turned into pavlova, but split themselves up when they found out they were being creamed.

Ramadaan came and Ramadaan went.
Eid came and Eid went.
So the month of fasting was good - but then Eid came at the end of it and  even though I said I wouldn't, I ATE and ATE and rolled over and ATE again on Eid day.  Terrible.
(why do you think there's only one of each item left?  There's a lot of other things that you can't see because...they're in my belly! ahhah! psssh...I made it all AND ate it all!  SIES!)

All in all, it was a good Ramadaan - istighfaar (prayers for forgiveness from sins) dhikr (prayer), sabr (patience) and shukr (gratefulness) was a constant thought/action :) I had a lot of time to do some thinking, doing and less procrastinating.  I'm doing a mental 'WHOOP!' just for the latter :)  Let's hope I can keep it up now  :)


Sorry for the cheesiness in the captions.  I couldn't help myself :)

3 comments:

  1. LOL. And here I thought I was the only one. I think I'm the only one in the world that actually *gained* weight this Ramadan. And Eid day didn't see me slowing down either. I'm proud of you ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. One last attempt at commenting before bed.
    Those picts looks simply sumptuous. My eyes are all a drooling. My stomach however's protesting from the cramfest that was the weekend.
    Hope you had a lovely eid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO you obviously learnt nothing from the boy who had pizza in his pocket? ;)

    ReplyDelete