Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I ❤ Events: Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is practically over and with that Breast Cancer Awareness Month is close to an end. This month, I attended various events held in aid of Breast Cancer Awareness. I was treated to a spectacular high tea, and even took part in a 5km charity walk. This disease is tragic and can be averted if detected early.  

I'm always looking for new projects, so when I was commissioned by fabulous ladies, Fehmz and niQi to create my signature heart brooch pins for the 'Pretty in Pink' competition in aid of Breast Cancer Month, I jumped at the opportunity, donned my pink fairy wings and waved my very pink wand! 

I decided to use pink beads since we're in the midst of Breast Cancer Month.

I 'upcycled' a broken pink necklace and used the pieces to create a scarf/hijaab pin for a segment of the prize hamper.



So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment