Thursday, September 29, 2011

I ❤ JHB : Market on Main / Emmarentia Dam / Botanical Gardens Adventure

Market on Main
The wonderful outdoors at M.O.M


I had to capture some overhead bunting
The BEST Goat's cheese ever!
     

Recently, on a perfect Spring day, a few of us ventured into the Johannesburg CBD to visit 'Market on Main' which is situated at Arts on Main.
After the GPS failed us, and after many (and I mean MANY) phone calls, we eventually reached our destination.


I am ashamed to admit that I have never been there before, but I was pleasantly surprised at the location and the venue.
Set in a very 'chic' warehouse (if warehouse's can be chic), Market on Main hosts food guru's and design mavens.  I was swept away by Fine and Raw Chocolate, the delicious Hummus and of course, the spectacular design items that I saw.
After a while we realised that our tummies were rumbling and we decided to settle on a bit of brunch.
The healthier alternative of cream cheese and salmon on a delicious olive bagel instilled a bit of guilt in me as I munched away on my over-indulgent nutella and banana pancakes.
I really think that Market on Main is a must-do if you're living in, or visiting Johannesburg on a Sunday.  I will definitely make return visits in the future!


After our adventure into the city some of us decided to head to the Emmarentia Dam/Botanical Gardens to have a look at the Spring blooms.  I am a complete novice to photography, yet I did manage to capture one or two shots which I think are sort of ok.




Market on Main is open every Sunday at Arts on Main, on Main Street in the Johannesburg CBD.
Emmarentia Dam/Botanical Gardens is on Olifants Road, Emmarentia, Johannesburg.

2 comments:

  1. The pics look great, especially the spring blossoms, more than 'sort of ok' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Saaleha!
    Lol, I need to find the instruction manual for my camera.
    I really need to figure out how to use it properly :)

    ReplyDelete