Monday, September 12, 2011

I ❤ South African Talent : Soul & Paper by Saaleha Idrees Bamjee

Washi tape and paper cutout = gorgeous!


I haven't done a 'South African Designer' post in a while, so I'm delighted to restart it with the most creative person I know, Saaleha Idrees Bamjee.

A writer, a designer, a poet, fellow crafter and foodie,  Saaleha has mesmerised us with her words for years.  Saaleha has now turned her creative talents to paper and has designed a multitude of amazing creations.  Her talent doesn't just stop at just paper crafts.  She writes content for media and describes herself as an 'Ideasgirl', which I think is a perfect description of her!  I'm quite chuffed that she has also helped design the spunky refreshing background that is on the The Lucky Packet today.


Saaleha is an aspiring photographer, and her latest series on Johannesburg's version of the 'Neighbourgoods Market' makes me want to run over there and gobble up all their delicious treats!

Saaleha is a multitalented gift to the world, so please do visit her Flickr page to see which card you would like to purchase so that you too can bring some of that wonderful talent into your home :)

You can contact Saaleha via the following :

Twitter:  @saaleha
Email:  saaleha at gmail dot com

3 comments:

  1. Wow Fatima, you've made me blush to my knees. Thank you for your wonderfully kind words:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed your comment on this post!
    Well I really think your creativity is worth a huge mention.
    My friend just texted me saying she loves that I'm showcasing local talent on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Saaleha. I am in Kenya and there is no where i can buy a washi paper or washi tape here. I really need some brown tapes and papers for flower decor. If you can supply me kindly send me an email at kiragujohn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete